R.Kelly / Jay-Z Tour Axed After Pepper-Spray Attack
Kelly went on stage Friday night and spotted two members of the audience with guns, so he walked off-stage while security dealt with the problem, according to his publicist Allan Mayer. Once he was given an all-clear by security, who found no weapons, he began to walk back on-stage when he, along with two of his security guards, were reportedly sprayed in the face with pepper spray by someone in Jay-Z's entourage.
Kelly and his guards were taken to St Vincent's Hospital in New York for treatment. Kelly was reportedly ready to resume the tour on Saturday at Madison Square Garden but was informed by the promoter that he had been banned from the venue and Jay-Z was to perform as the sole headliner.
R Kelly issued a statement about the abrupt end to the tour, "The fans deserve better than this. I'd like the show to go on. It's really disappointing that Jay-Z and the promoter don't."
The tour had been scheduled to run through November 28th but the promoter, Jeff Sharp of Atlanta Worldwide Touring, has told the press that the tour has been cancelled.
Mayer said that Kelly's attorney plan to file a criminal complaint against the member of Jay-Z entourage that allegedly pepper sprayed him and they are also considering legal action over his removal from the tour.
Perhaps Kelly and Jay-Z were using foresight when they decided to call their joint album "Unfinished Business".