.

Michael Jackson Dominates Charts


07/09/2009
.
(Billboard) Based on preliminary sales numbers from Nielsen SoundScan, Michael Jackson's catalog of solo albums sold a whopping 800,000 copies in the U.S. in the tracking week that ended at the close of business on Sunday (July 5) night. That's an increase of 90% compared to the previous week, when his combined albums sold 422,000.

A jump in sales was expected, since this was the first full week of sales since Jackson's passing on June 25. Additionally, after most physical retailers swiftly sold out of available Jackson albums, Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group were able to replenish brick-and-mortar stores with CDs last week to meet customer demand.

In turn, physical albums accounted for 82% of Jackson's sales last week -- 656,000 physical albums versus 144,000 download albums. In the week previous, when Jackson's albums moved a total of 422,000, physical albums accounted for 43% of that sum (181,000) while digital albums made up the other 57% (241,000). - more on this story



Click here to read today's full report

Preview and Purchase Michael Jackson CDs



Michael Jackson MP3 Downloads



advertisement




Day In Rock Reports


Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Feeds

Contact Us - Privacy - antiMusic Email - Why we are antiMusic

Copyright© 1998 - 2019 Iconoclast Entertainment Group All rights reserved.

Please click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.