Adam Lambert Album Details Released
Millions of fans watched Lambert's stunning performances on the eighth season of "American Idol" and now those millions of fans are waiting for the release of the album and Adam's first single, which Adam introduced on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Oct. 30. "For Your Entertainment" was written by Claude Kelly ("Circus" by Britney Spears) and Dr. Luke ("I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry and "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne, "Right Round" by Flo Rida, along with multiple singles by Kelly Clarkson) and produced by Dr. Luke.
"I feel so lucky to have been granted true opportunity to work with some of the top producers and writers in popular music," Says Adam. "This album is a reflection of their genius and the collaborative energy that they were gracious enough to share with me."
The credits on Lambert's first album read like a list of the hottest artists in the music business. Lady Gaga, long cited as a major influence on Adam, c-wrote the track "Fever" with producer Jeff Bhasker. P!nk is a co-writer on "Whataya Want From Me," along with Sweden's Max Martin and Johan Shellback. Matthew Bellamy, of the British prog rock/eletronica band Muse, one of Adam's favorite groups, wrote "Soaked."
Justin Hawkins, who was lead singer of the acclaimed British quartet the Darkness, wrote the lead track on the album, "Music Again." Rivers Cuomo, co-founder, lead singer and principal songwriter for Weezer, is one of the writers on "Pick U Up," along with Lambert and Greg Wells ("I Do Not Hook Up," Kelly Clarkson).
There are other stellar names featured in the credits on Adam's debut release. Rock goddess Linda Perry, responsible for hits like "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and "Get The Party Started" by P!nk, is the writer and producer of "A Loaded Smile." Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic, whose credits include "Bleeding Love" for Leona Lewis and "Halo" for Beyonc้, wrote and produced "Sleepwalker."
Adam co-wrote four of the songs on his album. In addition to "Pick U Up," Adam penned "Strut" with Greg Wells and "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi; "Aftermath" with Alisan Porter, Ferras and Ely Rise; and "Broken Open" with Wells and Evan Bogart (whose credits include "S.O.S." by Rihanna and "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)" from "Slumdog Millionaire."
Four of the tracks on "For Your Entertainment" are produced by Rob Cavallo, the A-list producer who has worked with Green Day, My Chemical Romance, David Cook, Alanis Morisette, Chris Isaak, Paramore, Jewel, Shinedown and Dave Matthews Band. Cavallo produced "Music Again," "Soaked," "Sure Fire Winners" and the bonus track, "Time For Miracles," from the soundtrack to the new motion picture, "2012."
One day before "For Your Entertainment" goes on sale, Adam will sing the title track on television for the first time, appearing on "The American Music Awards" on ABC-TV on Sunday, Nov. 22. He will give a special live concert performance on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, Nov. 25, "Late Show With David Letterman" that same night on CBS and will pre-tape on Nov. 23. More TV shows to be announced soon.
For information go to: http://www.adamofficial.com
For Your Entertainment Track Listing:
1. MUSIC AGAIN: Writer Justin Hawkins, Producer Rob Cavallo
2. FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT: Writers Claude Kelly/Dr. Luke, Producer: Dr. Luke
3. WHATAYA WANT FROM ME: Writers: Pink, Max Martin, Johan Shellbeck, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback
4. STRUT: Writers: Adam Lambert, Kara DioGuardi, Greg Wells, Producer: Greg Wells
5. SOAKED: Writer: Matthew Bellamy (MUSE), Producer: Rob Cavallo
6. SURE FIRE WINNERS: Writers: David Gamson, Alexander James, Oliver Lieber, Producer: Rob Cavallo
7. A LOADED SMILE: Writer/Producer Linda Perry
8, IF I HAD YOU: Writers- Max Martin, Johan Shellback, Savan Kotecha, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback Borows
9. PICK U UP: Writers- Rivers Cuomo, Greg Wells, Adam Lambert. Producer Greg Wells
10. FEVER: Writers - Lady Gaga, Jeff Bhasker, Producer- Jeff Bhasker
11. SLEEPWALKER: Writers - Ryan Tedder, Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsey, Producer- Ryan Tedder
12. AFTERMATH: Writers- Adam Lambert, Alisan Porter, Ferras, Ely Rise. Producer- Howard Benson
13. BROKEN OPEN: Writers- Greg Wells, Adam Lambert, Evan Bogart. Producer- Greg Wells
14. TIME FOR MIRACLES: Writers Alain Johannes, Natasha Shneider. Producer- Rob Cavallo
Click here to read today's full Day in Pop report