.

Van Halen Accused of Scalping Fans


09/01/2009
.
(Blabbermouth) According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, Van Halen netted an extra $1 million dollars in the fall of 2007 when up to 500 of the best seats to each of about 20 of the band's concerts were pulled from the Ticketmaster system and passed directly to ticket scalpers.

The brokers allegedly kept 30% of the marked-up sale price for themselves, and the remaining 70% was divided among Ticketmaster, the band and its handlers.

The move, according to the report, was part of Ticketmaster's initiative, codenamed "Project Showtime," to capture a piece of the sky-high prices charged by scalpers, which can exceed a ticket's face value by hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars. - more on this story



Click here to read today's full report

Preview and Purchase Van Halen CDs



Van Halen MP3 Downloads



advertisement




Day In Rock Reports


Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Feeds

Contact Us - Privacy - antiMusic Email - Why we are antiMusic

Copyright© 1998 - 2019 Iconoclast Entertainment Group All rights reserved.

Please click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.