New Solo CD From Eagles' Timothy B. Schmit Filled With Special Guests
"`Expando' implies growing and expanding and I feel like that's what the music on this album represents for me," said Timothy B. Schmit. "I guess the word is a bit mysterious, but I'm trying out all these different things I've always wanted to do."
Schmit recorded the album entirely at his home studio near Los Angeles and hand-picked the musicians who worked with him, including Keb' Mo', Graham Nash, Kid Rock, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, The Band's Garth Hudson, Van Dyke Parks, Dwight Yoakam, The Heartbreakers' Benmont Tench, and Timothy's son, Ben. Hank Linderman, who recorded Schmit's 2001 Feed The Fire, also engineered and performs on Expando.
Expando Track Listing:
1. One More Mile (Featuring Keb' Mo' on Slide Dobro)
2. Parachute (Featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Lead Guitar, Benmont Tench on Organ, and Graham Nash on Background Vocals)
3. Friday Night (Featuring Garth Hudson on Organ and Van Dyke Parks on Accordion)
4. Ella Jean
5. White Boy From Sacramento (Featuring Benmont Tench on Electric Piano and Ben Schmit on Drums & Lead Guitar)
7. Downtime (Featuring Kid Rock and Dwight Yoakam on Background Vocals)
9. I Don't Mind (Featuring Van Dyke Parks on Accordion)
10. Secular Praise (Featuring Van Dyke Parks on Accordion, Benmont Tench on Organ, and The Blind Boys Of Alabama on Background Vocals)
11. A Good Day (Featuring Donna De Lory on Background Vocals)
"I feel like after all these years, I'm finally tapping into all that experience," Schmit went on to say. "This time, I decided to do it all on my own. I come from a folk and early rock background, so that's how I started every one of these songs - on acoustic guitar."
Timothy B. Schmit is one America's most prolific musicians, with a solo recording career that has produced four albums prior to Expando – Playin' It Cool (1984), Timothy B. (1987), Tell Me The Truth (1990) and Feed The Fire (2001). He has appeared on a multitude of other artists' recordings including Steely Dan, Vince Gill, Dan Fogelberg, Clint Black, Crosby Stills & Nash, Bob Seger, Jimmy Buffett, Ringo Starr, Elton John, and Warren Zevon, as well as his contributions to Poco and the Eagles. Timothy has won three GRAMMY Awards and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Eagles.
Click here to read today's full Day in Rock report