(BH) Summer Camp have teaming up with Pledge Music for the release of their debut LP through their own label imprint, Apricot Recording Company, in partnership with Moshi Moshi Records.
Pledge Music is the direct to fan platform which gives fans the chance to be part of an artist's release via its funding, supported by a wide range of personalized 'pledges' offered by the artist.
For Summer Camp - aka Jeremy Warmsley and Elizabeth Sankey - the values promoted by Pledge Music dovetail perfectly with theirs, making the partnership an inevitable and happy union, particularly when it comes to their charitable arm, whereby a percentage of monies is funnelled towards the charities of Summer Camp's choice.
"We're so excited to be working with Pledge, their ideals and approach in terms of creating music and getting it out there ties so well with how we see things", they say. "Pledge allows us to fund the recording and release of our record by going straight to the people who matter most to us, the people who care about our music. We're really looking forward to interacting with them, and it even builds in the opportunity for us to do something for charities that mean a lot to us".
Participating fans will have access to a 'Pledgers only' website - via www.pledgemusic.com - where Summer Camp will post news of the album's progress via regular updates, so fans can enjoy a truly interactive experience.
The band have lined up a whole host of one-off and original 'pledges', in addition to fans having first access to the album once recorded.
• A Summer Camp film night where the band show one of their favourite films and hang out with fans.
• Exclusive pledgers-only gigs in London & LA.
• Postcards from the band every month for a year.
• Acoustic Summer Camp gig in the fan's house.
• Jeremy's old bass guitar.
• Elizabeth's sparkly jumpsuit that she wore for a BBC2 session.
• A Summer Camp DJ set at the pledger's house.
• A batch of Elizabeth's home-made brownies, and a handwritten recipe.
• A chance for personal, vintage photos of pledgers to be used in the album artwork