Warner Bros. Records celebrates the 25th anniversary of the ingenious collaboration between renowned composer Danny Elfman and legendary film director Tim Burton, with today's release of the The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box.
This extraordinary, highly collectable limited-edition box set collects expansions of the 13 original scores that Elfman has composed for Burton's iconic films; a newly produced library of 16 CDs each packaged with artwork by Burton, adding up to more than 19 hours of music.
Additionally, the package will contain a bonus DVD of a recent exclusive conversation between Elfman and Burton discussing every film and score in their remarkable quarter century collaboration.
The first 1,000 Special numbered edition boxes have already sold out online but this unprecedented and beautiful package is ready for general sale at www.elfmanburton.com and at select retail outlets including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art Store (LACMA ) beginning May 24th.
This elaborate and lovingly designed collectible box set includes the first-time-ever soundtrack release of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (1985), as well as scores to the films Beetlejuice (1988), Batman (1989), Edward Scissorhands (1990), Batman Returns (1992), The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), Mars Attacks! (1986), Sleepy Hollow (1999), Planet of the Apes (2001), Big Fish (2003), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Corpse Bride (2005), and Alice in Wonderland (2010). It also includes music from Elfman and Burton's numerous other collaborations: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Jar, Amazing Stories: Family Dog, Beetlejuice: The Animated Series, The World of Stainboy, Tim Burton's Museum of Modern Art Exhibit and Danny Elfman's unused score to the Edward Scissorhands Ballet.
Additional highlights of The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box includes:
* Among the almost 20 hours of music are over 8 hours of previously unreleased music including such rarities as additional masters, cut songs, song and score demos, work tapes, orchestra-only song mixes, and foreign-language songs.
* Danse Macabre: 25 Years of Danny Elfman and Tim Burton: A meticulously researched, lavishly illustrated 260+ page fine linen-wrapped hardbound book, titled with gold foil stamping, and featuring a foreword by Johnny Depp. The book also includes rare photos, stories, and interviews from the cast and crew behind the scenes of this classic music from the early days of Elfman's band Oingo Boingo to the recent blockbuster film Alice in Wonderland. Interviewed are such collaborators and peers as Guillermo Del Toro, Phillip Glass, Paul Haggis, James Newton Howard, Tom Jones, Michael Keaton, Ang Lee, Errol Morris, Thomas Newman, Catherine O'Hara, Jon Peters, Paul Reubens, David Rockwell, Scott Rudin, Marc Shaiman, Howard Shore, Twyla Tharp, Gus Van Sant, and Richard Zanuck. This comprehensive 10"x10" keepsake book is written by acclaimed film-music journalist Jeff Bond and designed by Grammy Award winning designer Matt Taylor.
* An hour-long exclusive, newly filmed DVD featuring an extended conversation between Burton and Elfman as they reflect on their quarter-century collaboration.
* As a collectible created exclusively for this treasure box of music, a distinctive Skeleton Key USB Flash Drive has been designedinspired by the art of Tim Burton. A pull of the key unlocks a USB drive loaded with MP3s of the entire contents of this Limited-Edition Music Box. From Pee-Wee's Big Adventure through Alice In Wonderland, it's all there, including all the bonus tracks, demos, work tapes, and other rarities. The USB Flash Drive also contains an additional 21 exclusive bonus tracks unavailable anywhere else.
* Newly created liner notes by Elfman discussing each expanded score and their bonus material of additional masters, song and score demos, work tapes, orchestra-only song mixes, and foreign language versions.