Fan Dies At Wacken and Lollapalooza Evacuated

08/06/2012
.
(Classic Rock) A metal fan has died of carbon monoxide poisoning at Germany's Wacken Open Air festival, organisers have said. The as-yet unnamed person fell asleep under a tarpaulin on a truck and breathed in the poison gas pumped out by a generator, which was also under the tarpaulin.

A statement says: "Friends of the deceased discovered the body under the canvas. Emergency services couldn't successfully resuscitate the person."

Meanwhile, the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago was evacuated for three hours at the weekend due to a powerful thunderstorm. Several bands' sets were cancelled in the delay, but authorities allowed the event's curfew to be extended so headline act the Red Hot Chili Peppers could play.

Classic Rock Magazine is an official news provider for antiMusic.com.
Copyright Classic Rock Magazine- Excerpted here with permission.

advertisement

Lollapalooza CDs, DVDs and MP3s

Lollapalooza T-shirts and Posters

Share this article
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Pin it Share on Reddit email this article


...end


advertisement



Follow Us:

Contact Us - Privacy - Why we are antiMusic

Copyright© 1998 - 2017 Iconoclast Entertainment Group All rights reserved.

Please click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.