(Sub) Killing Joke will be celebrating their 35th anniversary in 2013 with the release of The Singles Collection 1979-2012 and a world tour.
The Singles Collection 1979-2012, is set for release via Spinefarm/Universal on April 16, 2013. The Singles Collection 1979-2012 will be released in three formats: as a digital download, a limited edition 3-CD set and a super deluxe edition.
The band have announced the initial dates for their upcoming world tour will dates released for the UK, Europe and North America.
The original line-up of Killing Joke, Jaz Coleman, Geordie, Youth and Big Paul continuing to hold firm, have signed a brand new deal with Spinefarm and will soon set about recording a third studio album for the label. The release date of this new studio album is likely to be late 2013.
KILLING JOKE The Singles Tour 2013:
(Additional dates TBA)
3/15/2013 Hammerfest – Wales, UK
3/16/2013 Forum – London, UK
3/18/2013 Trix – Antwerp, BE
3/20/2013 Bataclan – Paris, FR
4/19/2013 Irving Plaza - New York, NY
4/23/2013 Cafe Campus – Montreal, QC
4/24/2013 Lee's Palace – Toronto, ON
4/26/2013 Empty Bottle – Chicago, IL
4/27/2013 Empty Bottle – Chicago, IL
4/30/2013 Neumos – Seattle, WA
5/01/2013 Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver, BC
5/03/2013 Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
5/04/2013 Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA
5/05/2013 Henry Fonda Los Angeles, CA
The Singles Collection 1979-2012 Formats:
3-CD Version includes:
- 33 career-spanning singles over 2 CDs + a third disc of rarities, including previously unreleased studio tracks. This 3-CD version will be limited in number, reverting to 2 CDs containing the singles tracks.
Super Deluxe Version includes:
- Hand-numbered hinged-lid "cigar box" made from 1500mcn black-lined rigid board finished with matt print retrospective artwork.
- 33 career-spanning CD singles plus selected B-Sides in full-color card wallets featuring original artwork.
- Rarities disc, including previously unreleased studio tracks.
- 32-page perfect-bound book including rare photos, archive notes, band commentary.
- Poster designed and personally signed by long-time Killing Joke artist/champion, Mike Coles, printed on 250gsm silk art.
- Aluminum screw-top branded cigar tube containing original wrappers of cigars smoked by Jaz Coleman and Paul Raven during the recording of the Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell album.