On Thursday Paul McCartney Rearranged Tour To Headline Teenage Cancer Trust was a top story. Here is the recap: (Gibson) No one can say Paul McCartney doesn't keep his word. This week, the former Beatle booked extra shows in Europe in order to fulfill a promise made to Roger Daltrey to perform at this year's Teenage Cancer Trust event in London on March 29.
"We almost got him last year, but he couldn't make the date work," Daltrey told London's The Sun. "He said, 'I'll be there for you next year, Rog' – and here he is. He did a few extra shows in Europe to make it work, so that no one had to foot the bill of getting his show here – and that means a lot."
McCartney will headline the first night of the six-night event, which will take place at London's Royal Albert Hall. Daltrey, who organizes the annual charitable event, went on to praise McCartney as "brilliant." "To see his full arena show in the Albert Hall will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing," Daltrey said. "He's the most iconic figure in the world." - more on this story