The Rock News Stories
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson just took to Instagram to thank the brave individuals who saved his daughter's life this past weekend
• Portugal. The Man Rock 'Live In The Moment' On 'Colbert'
Portugal. The Man recorded one of 2017's catchiest songs, 'Feel It Still,' and now they're promoting their latest single 'Live In The Moment.'
• John Mellencamp Rocks The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
John Mellencamp performed his 2017 track, 'Easy Target', on CBS-TV's The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
• Saxon Release 'They Played Rock And Roll' Video
Saxon have released a brand new music video for their track 'They Played Rock and Roll'.
• Chris Young And The Rock Bond Via Social Media
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and country star Chris Young had quite the bonding moment last week week
• Chris Cornell and the Foo Fighters Lead Rock Grammy Nominations
Chris Cornell and Foo Fighters lead this year's nominees for Best Rock Performance of 2017 at the upcoming 60th Annual Grammy Awards
• Pete Wentz and The Rock Share Life Goals Via Social Media
Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson traded love notes online last Tuesday afternoon
• Metallica Declared The No. 1 Rock Artist of 2017
Metallica have been named the No. 1 Rock Artist of 2017 by Nielsen Music
• Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl Rocks The Arts And Crafts Store
Dave Grohl is truly an inspiration. The Foo Fighters frontman is among the faithful keeping rock and roll alive and kicking
• Ace Frehley Rocks The NHL Winter Classic
Ace Frehley performed his 1978 hit, 'New York Groove', during the pre-game festivities at the 2018 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic
• Discrepancies Release 'Rock The Show' Video
Discrepancies has released a brand new music video for their latest single 'Rock the Show'.
• Eagles Sweep The 2017 hennemusic Rock News Awards
The Eagles swept top honors in the 2017 hennemusic Rock News Awards, the daily rock music news site announced Thursday
• Dire Straits Rock Hall Reunion Up In The Air
The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame announced its inductees for 2018. Among the inductees are classic rock acts Dire Straits
• Imagine Dragons and Walk the Moon Added to 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
Imagine Dragons and Walk the Moon are the latest acts added to this year's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
• Weezer Rock 'Happy Hour' On 'The Late Late Show'
On Monday night, Weezer appeared The Late Late Show to perform 'Happy Hour.'
• The Ramones Expand 'Rocket To Russia' For 40th Anniversary
The Ramones will release an expanded 40th anniversary reissue of their 1977 album, 'Rocket To Russia', on November 24
• The Eagles To Rock The Grand Ole Opry
The Eagles have announced their first-ever appearance at the iconic Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville
• Pete Townshend To Rock The Tonight Show This Week
Pete Townshend of The Who will perform on NBC-TV's The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon on Friday
• The Killers' Brandon Flowers Says New Rock Bands Not Good Enough
As one of the biggest rock bands of the 21st century so far, the Killers have achieved the kind of success new groups dream of attaining
• Queens Of The Stone Age Rock New Song At Music Festival
A new live video of Queens Of The Stone Age performing their brand new track 'The Way You Used To Do'
• Singled Out: The Eagle Rock Gospel Singers' Haunted
The Eagle Rock Gospel Singers recently released their brand new album 'No Glory' and to celebrate we asked Will Wadsworth to tell us about the song 'Haunted'.
• Joe Walsh Rocks Classic Song On The Late Show
Joe Walsh performed his 1978 classic, 'Life's Been Good', with house band Jon Batiste & Stay Human on CBS-TV's The Late Show
• Queens Of The Stone Age Rock Live Gorillaz Mash-Up
Last weekend, Queens of the Stone Age performed at Japan's Fuji Rock Festival and transformed
• The Weeknd Remixes 'Reminder' With Young Thug and A$AP Rocky
The Weeknd has released a brand new remix of his chart topping track 'Reminder'.
• Eagles' Joe Walsh To Rock The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Eagles legend Joe Walsh has announced that he will be performing on CBS-TV's The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
• The Who Rocks 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer
20th Century Fox debuted the latest trailer for the upcoming sequel, Kingsman: The Golden Circle
• Billy Sheehan's New Alt Rock Band The Fell Release First Video
Fans are getting their first taste from The Fell, which is a new alt-rock band that includes music legend Billy Sheehan
• The Who To Rock The Tonight Show This Week
The Who have announced that they will be performing on NBC-TV's The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon
• Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme Rocks 6th Grade Grad Party
Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme performed at a 6th grade graduation
• The Dead Daisies To Rock With Full Orchestra At Music Festival
The Dead Daisies have revealed that they will be playing a special Concert For Freedom with The Gorzow Philharmonic Orchestra
• Paramore Rock New Song On 'The Late Late Show'
Paramore are currently on the road promoting their new album 'After Laughter'
• The Pixies To Rock Late Night TV This Friday
The Pixies will be celebrating the conclusion of the first leg of their North American tour by making their debut appearance
• Hired Gun Rock Documentary Hitting Movie Theaters For One Night Only
The new rock documentary Hired Gun: Out Of The Shadows, Into The Spotlight will receive a one-night showing
• Poison's Rikki Rockett Launches Drive For Cancer Therapy
Poison drummer Rikki Rockett is raising awareness and funds to support immunotherapy at Moores Cancer Center
• Yes Rock Hall Induction Celebrated In The Studio
Yes' long awaited induction into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame was celebrated in a two part episode of In The Studio
• Krokus' Chris von Rohr Featured On The Rock Brigade
Krokus star Chris von Rohr was the featured guest on a recent episode of The Rock Brigade Podcast
• 'The Future Of Real Rock' Greta Van Fleet Stream New Song
Young up and coming rockers Greta Van Fleet are streaming their new track 'Highway Tune'.
• Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa and PnB Rock 'Gang Up' On New Track
Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa and PnB Rock have teamed for a new track called 'Gang Up',
• Gary Clark Jr To Rock The Tonight Show
Gary Clark Jr. has announced two special performances this week including an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
• Rhino Bucket Announce New Album The Last Real Rock 'n' Roll
Rhino Bucket have announced that they will be releasing their new studio album 'The Last Real Rock 'n' Roll' on April 21st
• Singled Out: City of the Weak's White Fire Alarm
City of the Weak's Stef Huschka tell us about their song 'White Fire Alarm' which is one of the tracks featured on SoBro Music's new 'Undiscovered: Rock' compilation album.
• Singled Out: Mount Tyrant's The Grey
SoBro Music are releasing their new 'Undiscovered: Rock' album this week which features 10 emerging groups from across the country. Mount Tyrant's Hunter Fitch tells us about their song 'The Grey'.
• Stone Sour Announce Rock On The Range Kick Off Party
Stone Sour have announced a special live appearance ahead of their summer tour with Korn.
• Pop Evil Rock Special Set For The Kids At St. Jude
Pop Evil have shared video of their special performance at the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
• Panic! at the Disco To Rock The Ellen Degeneres Show
Panic! at the Disco have announced that they will be rocking The Ellen Degeneres Show with a live performance
• Judas Priest Release Live Version Of 'Rock You All Around The World'
Judas Priest are streaming a live recording of 'Rock You All Around The World' as a preview to the February 3 release
• Judas Priest's Rob Halford Leads Inaugural The Rock Brigade Podcast
Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford was the features guest on the very first episode of The Rock Brigade podcast
• Kid Rock To Kick Off New Season Of The Big Interview
Kid Rock will be the featured artist for the premiere of the new season of The Big Interview which will launch next month on AXS TV
• Vanilla Fudge Launch Their 50 & Still Rockin' Tour
Heavy rock icons Vanilla Fudge launched their 50 & Still Rockin' Tour on Thursday night (January 12th)
• Def Leppard and The Offspring Lead Rocklahoma Lineup
Rocklahoma will feature headline sets from Def Leppard, The Offspring and Soundgarden
• Billy Joel To Rock Dodger Stadium For The First Time
Billy Joel announced that he will be staging his very first concert at Dodger Stadium
• Classic Rock Roll Of Honour To Be Broadcast In The UK
Last month's Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in Tokyo will be broadcast on the Sky Arts channel in the UK in the coming weeks.
• Foo Fighters To Rock The Secret Solstice Festival
The Foo Fighters will perform at the Secret Solstice Festival in Reykjavik, Iceland on June 16 as part of a 2017 summer tour
• Foo Fighters Add Rock The Beach Fest To Summer Tour Plans
The Foo Fighters have announced that they will perform at the Rock The Beach festival in Helsinki
• Metallica and Korn Lead Rock On The Range 2017 Lineup
Metallica, Soundgarden, Korn and Volbeat are among the acts announced for Rock On The Range 2017.
• Sammy Hagar, The Nymphs Lead Rock Candy Deluxe Reissues
Rock Candy Records will be launching their U.S. operation with deluxe re-releases from Sammy Hagar, The Nymphs, Salty Dog
• A Look Back To The When KISS Went Country Rock
Forty years ago this week, KISS released their fifth album, Rock and Roll Over. It contains a number of classics
• Avenged Sevenfold Tops All Rock Album Charts With The Stage
Avenged Sevenfold enjoyed a big first week with their surprise album release 'The Stage'
• Metallica Don't Plan To Rock Into Their 70s
Metallica don't see themselves playing into their 70s as their music is too physically demanding.
• Original Foreigner, Santana Singer Lead The Rock Pack Lineup
Original Foreigner frontman Lou Gramm, founding Santana singer and keyboardist Gregg Rolie, Cheap Trick singer Robin Zander
• Rock Has Reached A Dead End According To The Who's Daltrey
The Who frontman says rock music has 'reached a dead end' and also reckons his band have been 'stuck in a cycle'
• Dave Grohl Got Jane's Addiction Their Rock Hall Nomination
Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell says Dave Grohl is responsible for their Rock Hall nomination
• Grandma Steals The Show Rocking Out To AC/DC's Highway To Hell
A video of a pensioner dancing to a cover of AC/DC's Highway To Hell in the street has been shared online.
• Metallica Fear For The Future Of Rock
Metallica are worried about the future of rock music after they've gone, they've revealed.
• Metallica To Rock The Tonight Show
Metallica will perform on NBC's The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday, September 29
• Rocky Horror: Let's Do the Time Warp Again Soundtrack Revealed
After successfully pulling off Grease: LIVE, FOX will be airing another television musical this fall
• Guns N' Roses Reunion A Shot In The Arm For Rock Says Slash Singer
Myles Kennedy says the Guns N' Roses reunion is 'a well-needed shot in the arm for rock'n'roll.'
• 1,000 Musicians Play The White Stripes' 'Seven Nation Army'
The Rockin' 1,000 are at it again. The group of 1,000 Italian musicians known for covering the Foo Fighters'
• Steven Tyler To Rock The Tonight Show This Week
Steven Tyler will perform on NBC-TV's The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday, August 4
• Slash Surprises The Kids In The School Of Rock Band
Slash paid a surprise visit to jam with the pre-teen band as they rehearsed for the Broadway musical School Of Rock.
• Mastodon Get Their Own Hard Rock Exhibit
Mastodon are the latest band to be featured in an exhibit at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas
• Slayer Frontman Tom Araya Rocks The Mandolin
Slayer frontman Tom Araya was recently caught on video as he tried playing an Irish jig on mandolin
• David Bowie Was The Gateway Drug For Your Favorite Rockstar Released
Michael Stipe, Tony Visconti, The Flaming Lips Wayne Coyne and Jane's Addiction Perry Farrell in the Bowie short film
• Descendents Buck Veteran Rock Band Trend And Embrace Their Age
Descendents' Karl Alvarez says many older rock bands try too hard to act younger, rather than embracing their age
• Aerosmith In The Studio For 'Rocks' 40th Anniversary
A new episode of the syndicated radio show In The Studio celebrate the 40th anniversary of Aerosmith's Rocks album.
• Steve Miller Didn't Know Black Keys Ahead Of Rock Hall Induction
Steve Miller opened up about his initial meeting with the The Black Keys on the night of his Rock Hall induction
• Taylor Swift Rocks Out To The Darkness' In New Apple Ad
If you dug the Darkness' 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love', let's count Taylor Swift among those who 'believe.'
• Sixx: A.M. Almost Top Rock Album Chart With 'Prayers For The Damned'
Sixx: A.M. have scored a Top 20 debut on the US charts with their fourth album, 'Prayers For The Damned.'
• U2's The Edge The First Rock Artist To Play Sistine Chapel
U2 guitarist The Edge has become the first rock artist ever to play the historic Sistine Chapel in Italy
• Iggy Pop And Josh Homme Rock Kimmel
Iggy Pop teamed up with Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme on the late night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live
• Camden Rocks Add 43 Artist To Lineup
Camden Rocks have announced that they have added 43 more artists to the bill for this year's event.
• Cheap Trick Rock The Today Show
Cheap Trick performed a pair of tunes on NBC's Today Show on Thursday
• Escape The Fate, Room 94 Lead Additions To Camden Rocks Festival
Camden Rocks Festival has added 20 more bands to its lineup
• Cheap Trick In The Studio For Rock Hall Induction
Syndicated radio show In The Studio have released a special two-part Cheap Trick episode
• KISS Rocks Vegas Coming To Movie Theaters
KISS will bring their 2014 Las Vegas residency show to cinemas worldwide on May 25.
• Brian Fallon Says The Gaslight Anthem Didn't Want To Be Rock Saviors
Brian Fallon admits that he was relieved when The Gaslight Anthem went on hiatus
• The Who Rock Classic Song On The Tonight Show
The Who performed their 1978 classic, 'Who Are You', on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on March 4th and video of the performance has been posted online
• The Rocket Summer Tap ex-Paramore Star Josh Farro For Tour Support
The Rocket Summer have announce a North American spring tour which will feature support on several of the dates from Farro
• Wynonna & The Big Noise Release Debut Album, Rock Seth Meyers
Wynonna & The Big Noise released their self-titled debut album on Friday
• Michael Monroe Releases Goin' Down With The Ship Video
Former Hanoi Rocks frontman Michael Monroe has released the video for 'Goin' Down With The Ship',
• Huey Lewis Fan Visits Every City From 'The Heart of Rock & Roll'
Los Angeles-based filmmaker Michael Feld has taken Huey Lewis & The News fandom to an extreme level
• Brenda Lee's 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree' Returns To The Charts
Brenda Lee is back on the charts with 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree' which has hit No. 1 on Billboard's Country Streaming Songs and also landed in the top forty on the Billboard Hot 100 for the first time since 1961
• Cage the Elephant Rock The Late Late Show
Cage the Elephant releases their new album Tell Me I'm Pretty this week and preview it, the Kentucky rock band stopped by The Late Late Show last week
• Classic Rock Stars Deny Indecent Assault Of 15-Year-Old Girl
Two former members of The Tremeloes who have been accused of historic charges of indecent assault against a 15-year-old girl have denied any wrongdoing
• Scott Weiland Appeared To Be In A Bad Way At Rock On The Range
Scott Weiland had the appearance of a man who 'needed help' after his band's performance at Rock On the Range this year, according to TeamRock editor-in-chief Alexander Milas
• Dave Grohl Rocks 'Learn to Fly' With The Muppets
The Muppets are sure to give 1,000 Italian fans a run for their money, at least in terms of viral video content
• At The Drive-In Regrouping For Rock On The Range
At The Drive-In have been confirmed for next year's Rock On The Range festival, alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers, Disturbed and Shinedown
• Def Leppard's Vivian Campbell Says Doctors Are The Real Rock Stars
Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell says that his achievements in music pale into insignificance when compared to those who work with cancer patients
• The Band Perry For Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
The Band Perry will be in New York this Wednesday (Dec. 2) to attend the 83rd annual lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree
• RHCP, Disturbed, Rob Zombie Lead Rock On The Range Lineup
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Disturbed and Rob Zombie will be headlining next year's Rock On The Range music festival, which will be celebrating its 10th anniversary