Maiden Live After Death Details
Disc one contains the recording of this full 90 minute concert. Originally filmed on 35mm, the footage comes alive on DVD resulting in a visually stunning film that far outstrips the usual of the '80s. The disc carries two sound options — the original concert audio specially into 5.1 Surround Sound by Kevin Shirley, MAIDEN's producer since 1999, plus the original stereo sound track by Martin Birch, the band's producer from 1981 to 1993. Originally released on video in 1985, this has been largely unavailable for the past 20 years
Disc two has Part 2 of the "History of IRON MAIDEN," continuing on the MAIDEN story from The Early Days DVD, along with rare and unseen bonus footage in the form of "Behind The Iron Curtain," "Rock In Rio '85," and "'Ello Texas," all in all giving a total running time of well over three hours. Plus of course the, relevant promo videos, galleries, tour dates, tour program and other features which all combine to make MAIDEN DVDs a very special and utterly comprehensive treat for their fans.
Manager Rod Smallwood explained: "The original video of Live After Death has not been readily available for a long time so its good that we finally got around to this. lt was one of the first full concerts to be filmed after the advent of video and of course the live album, recorded on a different night to the video, has long been considered to be one of the seminal live albums and has sold millions since. Fans have been begging us to do this DVD for some time now but we wanted to wait until we were able to recreate that whole tour to go with it and also to make it part of a of DVDs that we are putting together around the band's history. And of course we are making sure that now we have got to it we will be giving the fans everything we can find from that period!!"
Full list of contents:
Disc 1 — Live After Death
Live After Death concert with Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio (90 minutes)
01. Churchill Speech/"Aces High"
02. "2 Minutes to Midnight"
03. "The Trooper"
05. "Flight of Icarus"
06. "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
08. "Number of the Beast"
09. "Hallowed Be Thy Name"
10. "Iron Maiden"
11. "Run to The Hills"
12. "Running Free"
Disc 2 - Documentary / Bonus Concert Footage
1. The History of IRON MAIDEN — Part 2 (60 mins) — Documentary Band members, crew, friends and associates talk about the period in the band's career which saw the writing, recording and release of the Powerslave album, and later Live After Death, and the subsequent massive touring. And not just the serious side!!
2. Behind the Iron Curtain (57 mins approx) Documentary and Live — shot during MAIDEN's historic tour of Poland and other parts to the Eastern Bloc in 1984 featuring, live and offstage footage capturing the atmosphere of this remarkable journey behind the Wall at the height of the Cold War.
3. Live Footage - Rock in Rio '85 (50 mins approx)
The full MAIDEN set supporting QUEEN on the first day of the first Rock in Rio in front of 300,000 manic metal fans. A bloody and stirring performance!! Songs performed include "Aces High," "2 Minutes to Midnight," "The Trooper," "Revelations," "Powerslave," "Iron Maiden," "Run to the Hills," and "Running Free."
4. Ello Texas — 15 minutes — Interview and live. Caught by a film crew in 1983 at the Alamo and sound checking their show in San Antonio.
5. Artwork Gallery, Tour Programme, Tour dates and photo gallery
6. Promotional clips for "Aces High" and "2 Minutes to Midnight"
Iron Maiden Links