The 11-date UK tour starts Sunday 2nd March at the Sage in Gateshead, and includes the London Palladium on Sunday 9th March and ends at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Friday 14th March.
Clannad have given a unique voice to modern Irish music. They have combined a deep love of traditional strains with a bold approach to writing and recording. Their legacy is a hugely impressive collection of albums, touching on folk, rock, ambient, jazz and world music.
Many of their recordings have featured lyrics in their native Gaelic tongue, while others have been performed in English. Either way, those vocals have plugged directly into the popular imagination.
Tour dates as follows -
* Sun 2 Mar 2008 Gateshead - The Sage
* Mon 3 Mar 2008 Glasgow - Royal Concert
* Tue 4 Mar 2008 Manchester - Bridgewater
* Thu 6 Mar 2008 Birmingham - Alexandra Theatre
* Fri 7 Mar 2008 Cardiff - St David's Hall
* Sat 8 Mar 2008 Southend - Cliffs Pavilion
* Sun 9 Mar 2008 London - Palladium
* Mon 10 Mar 2008 Brighton - Dome
* Wed 12 Mar 2008 Nottingham - Royal Centre
* Thu 13 Mar 2008 Harrogate - International Centre
* Fri 14 Mar 2008 Liverpool - Philharmonic Hall