Top 10 List of Misspelled Albums of All Time
Entitled "10 Horribly Misspelled Album Titles (and why we like 'em!)", the list, written by Adam K. Raymond on the blog 'Mental Floss' caught the eye of Prefix magazine's Tony Sclafani who commented, "People have been keeping lists of their favourite misspelled band names since the day the Beatles decided to substitute an "a" for an "e" in their moniker."
"The famously misspelled title of the classic Zombies album is the least intentional on the list," commented Mental Floss (the magazine's slogan is "Where Knowledge Junkies Get Their Fix").
Mental Floss' Top 10 Misspelled Album Titles -
1. Rejoyce: The Christmas Album - Jessica Simpson (2004)
2. White Limozeen - Dolly Parton (1989)
3. Odessey and Oracle - The Zombies (1968)
4. Amerikkka's Most Wanted - Ice Cube (1990)
5. Punk in Drublic - NOFX (1994)
6. Youthanasia - Megadeth (2004)
7. The Big Doe Rehab - Ghostface Killah (2007)
8. Get up Offa That Thing - James Brown (1976)
9. piouhgd - Butthole Surfers (1991)
10. Sheik Yerbouti - Frank Zappa (1979)
Continues Mental Floss, "The band wanted to call the album "Odyssey and Oracle" but cover artist Terry Quirk thwarted that. Quirk accidentally spelled the title wrong and the band, too nice to tell him about his mistake, decided to run with the misspelling. But like a good rock band should, they made up a story about the title, claiming that the misspelling was meant to be a play on ode, thus odessey."
The list is timely as it dovetails The Zombies' forthcoming reunion when they perform the Odessey and Oracle album in its entirety for the very last time in the UK. The UK dates include - Glasgow ABC (April 21), Bristol Colston Hall (April 23), Manchester Bridgewater Hall (April 24) and London Hammersmith Apollo (April 25).
Click here to read today's full Day in Rock report