JamBase Release Version 2 of iPhone Ap
"As a site built by fans, for fans, JamBase is tapped into this audience's dynamic needs," said Andy Gadiel, president and founder of JamBase. "With our latest iPhone App, we listened to what fans were requesting in order to deliver them the best mobile access to the world of live music."
The JamBase application for iPhone and iPod touch gives today's mobile music fan instant access to the largest live show database, which uniquely combines member-contributed concert information along with data received from thousands of music industry partners such as booking agencies, venues and record labels. JamBase's listings are up-to-date and highly accurate, featuring 60,000 artists across more than 50 genres, performing in 70,000 venues worldwide.
In developing Version 2 of the JamBase iPhone App, JamBase turned to the more than 1300 reviews of the initial application to gain insight into how they should evolve the application features. Now, with Version 2, individual users can personalize their mobile connection to "My JamBase" features. "My JamBase" is the FREE JamBase member experience which enables music fans to track favorite artists and add upcoming shows to calendars.
With Version 2 of the JamBase App for iPhone or iPod touch, live music fans can:
* Easily search and find artist and concert information: fans can explore the breadth of the JamBase database of show listings by artist, venue, location or radius to their location.
* Instantly track favorite artists: individuals can check out their favorite artists with direct links to artist pages which include complete tour itineraries and biographies. From here, they can select to track the artist with just one click in the application.
* Plan in advance: fans keep track of upcoming shows by synching with their "My JamBase" show calendar.
* Be spontaneous: fans leverage Show Finder and GPS targeting to include live music in their plans—anytime, anywhere.
* Purchase tickets on the go: buy tickets with direct link access from the JamBase App.
* Register for a "My JamBase" account: from the application, sign up for a "My JamBase" account to take full advantage of the Version 2 features.
* Still enjoy all the current features of the application including: access to the largest database of live show listings; organize by favorites; "Send to a Friend" share link; integrated maps with directions to venues; artist photos in main listings and data is saved to avoid server refresh.
"There's really no price tag on seeing live music made right there in front of you," said Gadiel. "At least that's the sentiment of the JamBase community. We also know that there's a tremendous amount of shows to see, and there are many that fly under the radar. You need the right data, at the right time, to make it to the show. The JamBase App for iPhone and iPod touch delivers to music fans the always-on connection, the organization, the data and the convenience to get them to the show."
Click here to read today's full Day in Rock report