Great White Singer Feel Guilty For Surviving Deadly Club Fire (Top Story)
Great White's pyrotechnic display sparked the blaze at The Station club in Warwick. It raged out of control when non-approved soundproofing equipment went up in flames in the overcrowded venue.
This month, a deadly fire in a Romanian rock club resulted in the deaths of 45 people, with many more in critical condition in hospital. Russell plans to tell his story in an upcoming documentary on the 2003 blaze.
He tells 105.9 The Brew: "It's a story of my life intertwined with the story of the fire. It's really hard, but it's gonna give me a chance to apologise and say how I feel about it. I never had the chance to say, 'I'm sorry.'"
The vocalist says he experienced months of horror in the wake of the tragedy. He adds: "I was almost catatonic for three months. I couldn't stop crying. It was horrible. I'll never be over it and I don't think I ever should. I think I owe it to my fans that lost their lives to never forget them.
"It was like the 9/11 of rock'n'roll. I feel a guilt. I have this survivor's guilt, why did I get to live when so many other people didn't? I feel guilty for people coming to see me play and losing their lives." Read more - here.
Classic Rock Magazine is an official news provider for antiMusic.com.