The album features original songs performed by an array of soul and blues legends, including Etta James, Dr. John, and Solomon Burke, alongside such new stars as Atlantic recording artists Marc Broussard and Serena Ryder.
The soundtrack will be released digitally on November 25th. Dark Streets arrives in selected cities nationwide on December 12th.
"Dark Streets – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" features original songs written especially for the film by James Compton, Tim Brown, and Tony DeMeur. To perform them, veteran producer/music supervisor George Acogny (Paul Simon, Sting, Peter Gabriel) gathered a veritable who's who of musical masters, which also includes Natalie Cole, Aaron Neville, Chaka Khan, and Richie Sambora. Acogny himself criss-crossed the country to record and produce all 10 tracks with each of the acclaimed artists featured on the soundtrack, capturing the gritty authenticity, raw power and aching beauty of the blues echoed in the film. Additionally, Acogny composed the DARK STREETS film score.
1. Chaka Khan – "Too Much Juice"
2. Natalie Cole – "Send Me Your Kiss"
3. Aaron Neville – "Life On The Layaway Plan"
4. Marc Broussard – "Lose Somebody"
5. Etta James – "It Ain't Right"
6. Richie Sambora – "Blood On The Ground"
7. Dr. John – "It Don't Make No Never Mind"
8. Serena Ryder – "The Game Of Life"
9. Toledo – "Talkin' To The Devil"
10. Solomon Burke – "Dark Streets"