Glee Star Cory Monteith Died From Heroin and Alcohol Overdose
The Vancouver Police Department published the following statement from the service on Tuesday, "Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.
"Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.
"The investigation into this death by the BC Coroners Service is continuing, and no other details are available at this time. It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident. When the investigation is concluded, a Coroners Report will be issued.
"Mr. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time."
"There were indications in the room that this was a drug overdose," Vancouver Police Department media relations officer Brian Montague said during a press briefing Tuesday afternoon, according to USA Today. "We're not providing exactly what we found at the scene. Anything that was found at the scene would be evidence."