Megadeth's Dave Mustaine MegaMemoire Coming Next Month
Shortly after the release was announced, the book shot up to #1 in the Books/Rock category and the #1 Best Seller in the Books/Heavy Metal category at Amazon.com
For fans across the pond, the UK version is said to have a different cover and will be titled, ' Mustaine: A Life In Metal', when it hits stores on September 30th. The UK version also carries the tagline, "Hello Me... Meet The Real Me".
Here is the official press release: Dave Mustaine is a legend. A pioneer of the heavy metal movement, he became the founder, front man, singer, songwriter, and guitarist for Megadeth, one of heavy metalís all-time greatest bands. Since rising to international fame in the 1980s, Megadeth has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide, including six consecutive platinum albums, with eight consecutive Grammy nominations for Best Metal Performance.
Mustaine was also a founding member of Metallica, before he was officially fired from the band in April 1983 for his alcoholism and clashes with James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. Unceremoniously dropped off at a Greyhound bus station in Rochester, NY, with a ticket back to LA, he then went on to form Megadeth. Now, for the first time ever, he tells the tale of the two biggest heavy metal bands in history, in MUSTAINE (It Books; August 3rd, 2010; $25.99).
Mustaine is the first to admit that he has bottomed out a few times in his dark and twisted speed-metal version of a Dickensonian life. In MUSTAINE, he reveals the many highs and lows of this life, including:
* The formation of Metallica and the key contributions he made for which he was never given full credit.
* The formation and rise of Megadeth, and his history with David Ellefson, Marty Friedman and Nick Menza.
* The story of his departure from Megadeth in 2002 and his eventual return.
* His multiple battles with alcohol and drugs, and how Alice Cooper played a role in one of his recoveries.
* The injury that nearly ended his career.
* After years of rejecting religion, how embracing Christianity helped repair his relationship with his family and maintain his sobriety.
* His tumultuous childhood which included several moves from city to city, all in an attempt to avoid his alcoholic father.
James Hetfield once observed that Mustaine must have been born with a horseshoe up his ass. Thatís how lucky he has been and how fortunate he is to be pulling breath after so many close calls. In MUSTAINE, he tells a story that will inspire, stun, and terrify.