(Webster) The DVD release of Legends Of Folk: The Village Scene features vintage performances by icons of the '60s folk movement.
The footage has been restored and remastered to pristine quality for the release, due in stores and major online retailers on April 3rd.
Produced for PBS by Emmy-winning filmmaker Jim Brown, Legends of Folk features the biggest and most influential artists of the era including Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, Peter, Paul & Mary, Joan Baez and many more. The live footage offers an exciting and historic firsthand view into the music and musicians that forever changed pop culture from the intimate stage of The Village Scene. Legends of Folk is hosted by Noel Paul Stookey, of Peter, Paul & Mary.
On Legends Of Folk: The Village Scene, a young Bob Dylan makes one of his earliest performances of "Blowin' in the Wind," Judy Collins tears through a searing rendition of "My Father," and Simon and Garfunkel perform their epic "The Sound of Silence." The DVD assembles songs by 17 artists in the early days of their careers, as well as full-length, exclusive interviews with John Cohen, Don McLean, Maria Muldaur, Tom Paxton, Michelle Phillips (Mamas & Papas), John Sebastian and Peter Yarrow. The DVD also features 2 performances not previously seen on PBS when the film was originally aired.
Legends Of Folk: The Village Scene Tracklisting:
1. "If I Had a Hammer" Peter, Paul & Mary
2. "Blowin' in the Wind" Bob Dylan
3. "It Ain't Me Babe" Joan Baez
4. "I Ain't Marching Anymore" Phil Ochs
5. "Handsome Johnny" Richie Havens
6. "I Ain't Gonna Marry" Jim Kweskin Jug Band
7. "Liza Jane" The New Lost City Ramblers
8. "You've Got To Walk That Lonesome Valley" Mississippi John Hurt
9. "The Last Thing on My Mind" Tom Paxton
10. "If I Were A Carpenter" Tim Hardin
11. "My Father" Judy Collins
12. "Do You Believe in Magic" The Lovin' Spoonful
13. "The Sound of Silence" Simon & Garfunkel
14. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" John Denver
15. "Castles in the Air" Don McLean
16. "Solitary Man" Neil Diamond
17. "California Dreamin'" The Mamas and the Papas
"Deep Blue Sea" Peter Yarrow
"Black Jack Daisy" John Cohen