Lady Gaga's DJ Space Cowboy Sets EP Release
The Electro Pioneers EP track list is: "Devastated" - Howard Jones remix, "My Egyptian Lover" – Thomas Dolby remix and "Falling Down" - Vince Clark remix.
Space Cowboy released Digital Rock Star last fall after coming off the road with Lady Gaga. Initial single "Falling Down" became a club favorite and "I Came 2 Party" followed suit. Space Cowboy has also just been nominated for a GRAMMY award (Album of the Year) for his work on Lady Gaga's The Fame album. Having co-produced "Starstruck" featuring Flo Rida on The Fame, Space Cowboy went on to co-write/co-produce Lady Gaga's new songs "Monster" and "So Happy I Could Die" from her newly released The Fame Monster set. Combined sales of just those two albums are already over 8 million units worldwide.
In December, Space Cowboy joined fellow-GRAMMY-nominated electro hip-hop duo LMFAO to sing and perform his own set on the duo's wildly successful Party Rock tour.
Those familiar with Lady Gaga's platinum plus album The Fame will know her bold rallying cry from the song "Starstruck," her duet with Space Cowboy featuring Flo Rida: "Space Cowboy just play that track!" Before his work with Lady Gaga, Space Cowboy was producing and spinning in clubs in London injecting rock influences into a new blend of techno, electro, hip hop and dance, dubbing his new sound "digital rock." Space Cowboy released his Digital Rock album in the UK with an early incarnation of the song "My Egyptian Lover" which was added to BBC Radio 1. It was a satellite transmission of the Radio 1 feed that caught the attention of Cherrytree Records whose roster also included a new, up-and-coming New York-based artist named Lady Gaga. The label made an introduction and the two hit it off creatively. 2009 saw the release of Space's US debut Digital Rock Star.
Rounder Records' 40th Anniversary Concert Album and PBS Special
On March 2, Rounder will release Rounder Records' 40th Anniversary Concert, an album of the concert that celebrated the label's 40 years in the music industry.
Recorded in October 2009 at Nashville's Grand Ole Opry, the concert will also be presented as a PBS television special that will begin airing on the network in March, 2010 and released on DVD in May.
The CD will include performances by these artists as well as select performances from Steve Martin's show at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, from Alison Krauss and Robert Plant's 2008 CMT "Crossroads" special, and from Madeleine Peyroux's 2009 concert in Los Angeles.
CD Track Listing:
1. Cold Dark River – Minnie Driver
2. Beloved – Minnie Driver
3. Outside People – Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas
4. Think About the Good Times – Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas
5. Rich Woman – Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
6. River Is Waiting – Irma Thomas
7. Don't Mess With My Man – Irma Thomas
8. Don't Wait Too Long – Madeleine Peyroux
9. Dance Me to the End of Love – Madeleine Peyroux
10. Restless – Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
11. Gravity – Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
12. Pitkin County Turn Around – Steve Martin
13. Saga of the Old West – Steve Martin
14. Keys to the Kingdom – Bela Fleck
15. Another Morning – Bela Fleck
16. Why Shouldn't We – Mary Chapin Carpenter
17. He Thinks He'll Keep Her – Mary Chapin Carpenter
Click here to read today's full Day in Pop report