The Shop Til You Rock music-inspired mall tour kicks off Saturday, July 17th and will feature appearances by Demi Lovato, Hey Monday, Bigger Lights, Every Avenue and Stereo Skyline, among others.
Here is the announcement: There's a rock star inside each and every teenager, and this summer Disney Channel star and number one selling Hollywood Records artist, Demi Lovato, and General Growth Properties (NYSE:GGP) mall owner and operator of more than 200 properties across the country, are partnering to host a music-inspired mall tour, Shop Til You Rock, that empowers teens to look and feel like rock stars through live local musical performances, exclusive teen activities and special mall offers and giveaways.
Shop Til You Rock celebrates teen lifestyles and combines this year's hottest fall fashions with special performances from more than 100 of today's popular music artists, brought to you by Hot Topic. The free events take place at more than 120 GGP malls across 39 states July through August.
For the complete list of Shop Til You Rock event dates, activities and exclusive mall deals visit www.ShopTilYouRock.com. The website also hosts a sweepstakes* for a chance to win four VIP tickets to a Demi Lovato concert, including backstage passes to meet Lovato herself. Teens also can go to the website and stream Shop Til You Rock band playlists, play games, follow the tour on the road via a dedicated blog and live Twitter feeds, and download exclusive Demi Lovato icons and wallpapers.
Lovato, star of Disney Channel's 'Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam' and 'Sonny With A Chance,' will kick off the Shop Til You Rock premiere event with a special two-song acoustic set and public meet-and-greet appearance on July 17 at 1 PM at Glendale Galleria, (2148 Glendale Galleria in Glendale, Calif.). Lovato will make a total of three meet-and-greet appearances in the coming weeks:
• July 17 – Glendale Galleria, Glendale, Calif.
• July 24 – North Point Mall, Atlanta, Ga.
• August 1 – Stonebriar Centre, Dallas, Texas
"Shop Til You Rock is all about making a summer trip to the mall an experience that's completely devoted to teens," Lovato said. "We're bringing out some of my favorite bands, hosting tons of activities to let teens embrace their own rock star style and showcasing cool fall fashions from today's hottest retailers."
The live, local band performances will be complemented with an opportunity to meet the band and enjoy cool activities designed exclusively for teens, including:
• Rock On Salon – Teens can release their inner rocker with an outrageous rocker hairstyle, all captured celebrity-style by Kodak. All photos will be uploaded online, where teens have the opportunity to change their hair color or style, share with friends and more.
• Just Dance - Mall goers can show off their rock star moves and challenge friends to a dance off with America's hottest dance game Just Dance, featuring music from chart-topping artists. Teens who fan Just Dance's Facebook page at the event will receive an "I ♥ Just Dance" T-shirt, while supplies last.
• Rock The Runway – Do you stand out in a crowd? Teens have the chance to rock the runway with Fusion Model Management's search to reward guys and girls ages 13-19 with modeling contracts totaling nearly $400,000.
• Pepsi Refresh Project Lounge – This year, the Pepsi Refresh Project is giving millions of dollars to fund ideas that will refresh the world. Rock your world and make a difference by voting for your favorite project at the Lounge (www.refresheverything.com).
• Rock Star HQ – Teens can enable their cell phone's wireless technology capabilities to win prizes, get the latest retail offers, register for sweepstakes and join GGP's free, exclusive membership, The ClubSM.
• Center Stage - Popular retailers will host on-stage fashion spotlights to give teens inspiration to create their best fall looks. There also will be games, contests and trivia to win great Shop Til You Rock and participating sponsor prizes.
"Rewarding our teen shoppers with exclusive entertainment events is important to GGP malls," says Mark Pfeifer, SVP of Marketing and Communications, GGP. "We want our teen customers to know that we listen to them and are excited to deliver the celebrity appearances, fashion, music and relevant mall activities that make going to their local GGP mall a unique and fun shopping experience."